- Take advantage (or obtain more details) of the Citi Travel credit card offer
- This offer allows consumers to earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvnatge bonus miles assumed the application is approved
- In order to collect the 50,000 American Airlines AAdvnatge bonus miles the member MUST spend $3000 on the card within the first 3 months of opening
Consumers who are big spenders may want to opt for the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard as members will earn 50,000 bonus points BUT the card does not come with foreign transaction fees making it ideal for someone who travels overseas on a regular basis. Other benefits of the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard include 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage miles earned on all other purchases, and Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after spending $40,000 in purchases within the year. The Citi Travel card offer (Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard) comes with an annual fee of $95 but the fee will be waived for the first 12 months. The Citi travel card offer also promotes two other type of credit cards with travel rewards:
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard (this sucker comes with a pricey $450 Annual Fee)
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard (this card comes with a much more reasonable Annual Fee of $95… fee waived for the first 12 months)
Citi Travel Highlights and Lowlights
Read about: How To Check Your Credit Score For Free
- All cards come with an annual fee 🙁
- All cards provide a free check bag on American Airlines
- Members will save a nice 25% on eligible in-flight purchases (i.e. food and drink) on American Airlines flights
Those lookign to compare the Citi Travel credit cards to other offers should look at the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, and the BankAmericard Travel Reward card. Any questions about the Citi Travel card offer can be directed to 1-800-950-5114.
Read about: What is Carfax?