Beckett Privacy Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Andrew Beckett, et al. v. Aetna Inc., et al.,
- BeckettPrivacyClassAction.com is administered by the Angeion Group
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 10/15/2018
- Class members do not need to hire lawyers as the court has already assigned lawyers to the lawsuit
- All claim forms must be in by 9/29/2018
The Beckett Privacy Class Action Lawsuit claims Aetna did not take proper steps to properly protect the private health information of Class Members. Aetna denies any action of wrong doing but have agreed to a mind bending 17 million dollar settlement.
Class members are defined as anyone whose HIV status was disclosed by Aetna through a clear plastic window on a mailed envelope.
Read about: How To Check Your Credit Score For Free
Class members can file a claim by visiting www.beckettprivacyclassaction.com/file-a-claim-log-in personal claimant ID and confirmation code. Please note the Personal Claimant ID and Confirmation Code is printed at the top of the Notice received via US mail.
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Experts close to the case predict class members who file timely claims will receive $75, plus up to $20,000 depending on financial or non-financial harm
- Claim ID and documentation of financial or non-financial harm is required in order to receive a settlement pay out
www.BeckettPrivacyClassAction.com Contact Info
- Mail: Settlement Administrator, c/o Angeion Group, PO Box 15860, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: (877) 416-7259
- Email: BeckettPrivacyClassAction@AdministratorClassAction.com
Class Members have until August 31, 2020 to either exclude themselves or object to the Aetna HIV status disclosure class action settlement agreement.
Read about: What is Carfax?
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by AIDS LAW PROJECT OF PENNSYLVANIA, LEGAL ACTION CENTER, BERGER & MONTAGUE PC, and DORROS LAW. Aetna (aka the defendants) have hired ELLIOT GREENLEAF PC and PHELPS & PHILLIPS LLP.