ADT Home Security Class Action
- Obtain are the legal details in regards to the class action lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California entitled Edenborough v. The ADT Corporation and ADT, LLC d/b/a ADT Security Services
- The lawsuit is listed as case number 16-cv-02233-JST
- The total settlement pool is listed as $16,000,000 according to the terms of the settlement
ADTHomeSecuritySettlement.com is administered by Dahl Administration. Class members in case number 16-cv-02233-JST contend that ADT DID NOT disclose vulnerability to purchasers of ADT wireless home security system and contend that ADT systems will vulnerable to hacking. ADT denies any actions of wrong doing in the case but have agreed to a 16 million dollar settlement in order to avoid further litigation and the unknown expense of such litigation.
Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the US who between Nov. 13, 2009 and Aug. 15, 2016 contracted with ADT or an ADT dealer for installation of a residential security system that included at least one wireless peripheral sensor. Class members who file a valid claim before 2/26/18 are expected to receive a settlement payment of either $15 or $45.
Read about: How To Check Your Credit Score For Free
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 2/1/18 at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- ADT Security class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a cash settlement
- All claims must be filed by 2/26/18 and claims will be submitted under penalty of perjury
- Those who are not happy with the 16 million dollar settlement have until 1/2/18 to file an objection
- Class members who contracted for installation of an ADT security system after August 23, 2020 will receive a LARGER settlement payment according to the terms of the lawsuit
Edenborough v. The ADT Corporation and ADT, LLC d/b/a ADT Security Services Contact Information
Read about: What is Carfax?
- Mail: ADT Home Security Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-888-439-1531
- Email: info@ADTHomeSecuritySettlement.com
All class members who file timely claims will be represented by CHAVEZ & GERTLER LLP, BONNETT FAIRBOURN FRIEDMAN & BALINT PC, and ZIMMERMAN LAW OFFICES PC.